Monday, October 26, 2009

Still Here


For all my followers, I am still here. I haven't posted much because things have just been hectic. I haven't done a whole lot at the drugstores, mostly because there's not a whole lot I need right now. I could have stocked up on Halloween candy, but we're still going through our candy from last year! Plus, all that candy will go to on serious clearance after Halloween. Then I can get some butterfingers and starbursts. How come Haribo gummi treats are never on sale?! What can be more delicious that a red or green Haribo gummi bear? Maybe a gummi whale.....


Anyways, I've gotten in the habit of going to 2 or 3 grocerys stores. When time permits, of course. Sometimes the deals are just that good, that I need to make a few trips. For example, each week, Harris Teeter (HT) has an e-Vic item that is super cheap. Like 1lb of butter for $.37 or a dozen eggs for $.89. Stuff like that is hard to pass up AND you don't have to purchase a minimum amount of food to get the deal.

So, I haven't been in couponing mode, but have been in cooking, baking and doing fun fall activity mode.

I have been stock piling frozen meat for many months now. My grandmother had a tall freezer full of meat and when she was moving to a smaller place, she was convinced that everyone would fight over and steal the meat. Now, I understand. This is like a nest neg for a rainy day. When all else fails, pull something from the freezer. Well, I had 2 pork tenderloins sitting in there and we were having 10 -12 people over for my husband's birthday. So, oven roasted pork it was!! I had plenty of potatoes because they were on sale at Publix for $1.99 for a 5 pound bag. However, most of them had a bunch of bad spots, but they were salvageable. I was making caesar salad and had a few items to buy for that as well as a vegetable, asparagus.

I spent my week worth of $ for grocery on this past weekend, but it was worth it. I bought some frozen shrimp from HT because it was B1G2 free and a great deal. But sometimes when you have a specific menu in mind, it's hard to save money. Anchovy paste is never on sale!!

Additionally, we were having friends from church over on Sunday so I had to prepare food for that. Well, I could have done boxed brownies and subs, but why do that when you can have meatballs, bread bowl artichoke dip, pumpkin bread and refrigerated cookie dough cookies??

2 comments:

  1. For discounted Haribo - always check Amazon.com. Sometimes, you need to buy in bulk, though... Did you know the US distributor of Haribo is in Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that. Good to know. Now there's no excuse for you not sharing your gummi bears :)

    ReplyDelete