Thursday, January 7, 2010

Success at Harris Teeter


I've been very, very, very patiently waiting for Harris Teeter to do their Super Doubles again. That is, they double all manufacturer coupons $1.98 or less. The math is much simpler than the triples program and the savings is much bigger, I think. this is a picture of just a portion of the shopping trip. What makes me feel the best, is that I purchased actual, food we can live on, groceries. Sometimes during these fun promotions, I end up with lots of Pillsbury crescent rolls or fruit snacks, but not a whole lot of substance. This time, there weren't many snack items on sale but the meat selection was great!
I purchased 2 London Broils (B1G1 - $10), 3 pkgs of chicken breasts (B1G2 - $9) and 6 pounds of frozen shrimp for $26 = less than $5 a lb). So I saved $81.49 on meat alone. Not too shabby! I picked up a few items, like blistex, dish soap. I also splurged and bought my favorite Brianna's salad dressing. I've also stocked up on our favorite popcorn - Pop Secret Homestyle. Yes, it was on sale and I did have a coupon. The Stacy's chips weren't on sale, but the guacamole was free!
So, I spent $120 and saved $136 - approximately 53% savings.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Tiff! We saved $11 in coupons this week shopping, thanks for inspiring me. :-)
    Is there a place that you go to online to get diaper coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my diaper coupons I get through the sunday paper. I also registered with pampers and huggies and they send me coupons too. Sometimes the coupon sites, like coupons.com have them too.

    ReplyDelete