Saturday, January 16, 2010

Will you try it?



If it costs $1, will you try it? Is it worth $1 to you to try new makeup?? For me, Yes! I made a run to CVS this morning with 6 ECB's just dying to be put to good use. Items on my list included Cottonelle Flushable Wipes, shaving cream and Aussie Shampoo. All on sale and most with chances to earn more ECB's. However, when I looked through the makeup section, there was a deal for L'oreal. Spend $10 (before coupons) and get 3 ECBs back. I checked my stack of coupons and sure enough, I had many coupons for L'oreal products. To make this even better, there were select items that were 75% off!!! So, I scrounged around till I found a few items 75% off, then matched up with my coupons and headed to check out. I had $58.45 worth of cosmetics, which was 2 eye shadows, 1 lip gloss and 2 Age Defying foundations (orig. $18). All of these items were 75% off, making the cost $14.60, then I had coupons totaling $10, so my Out of Pocket cost was $4.60. Then I got $3 ECBs, so essentially I paid $1.60 on $58 worth of stuff!




The Aussie shampoo and hair products were $2.88 and I had $1 off coupons for each. The Dial body wash was 50% off and the shaving cream gave me 1 ECB. So, I left CVS with 1 ECB, spending $20 and saving $90 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment