Monday, February 8, 2010

Back to Basics

So, I'm going to try to set up a weekly meal plan again. It's fallen by the wayside due to another child, sickness, et cetera, but I really do enjoy cooking and want to get into it. It's tricky because I only want to buy what's on sale, but I have enough meat in my freezer that I could cook without any new meat for a few weeks, shrimp included.

So, I already made a shepherd's pie this week and froze one. I'm going for chicken piccata with frozen chix breasts (my 1st attempt at those), chix thighs on the grill and something shrimpy. That's as far as I got. We eat at my in-law's usually once a week and some other nightgs are leftovers or frozen meals or breakfast for dinner.

I'm excited to get back to cooking and using up my great grocery finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment