Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Nemesis - for Real


I meant to discuss Walgreens in my prior post, but was distracted by my super cute dress. Again, I generally don't do Walgreens for a few reasons:

(1) Too many rules

(2) Too difficult to count all my items and match up the exact number of coupons

(3) Register Rewards don't always print out as they should - due to another rule

(4) The cashiers aren't very friendly


BUT if there is a really good deal, then I'll go in. For examples, a jumbo pack of diapers were on sale for $8.99 and I had register rewards for 5 and a coupon for $2 off. So, $1.99 for diapers was worth the aggravation. So, I picked out a nail file, the sunday paper (i always buy another one) and my diapers. I walked over to the cashier in the cosmetic section and she was putting the new price tags on the perfume. She looked at me and stared and if I could read her mind it would have read: And you want me to ring you up BECAUSE....?? I politely asked if this register was open and she said " Uh, yes". Let's just say that I felt guilty for having to have her ring me up. Also, there was a gentlemen in front of me who returned a bit item and she just left it sitting on the counter so there wasn't any room to put my purchases down.
Needless to say, I left, but pretty happy for my deal on diapers. I also left with 3 RR for next time.
This is a picture of our diaper ottoman. I have found great deals on pull ups and diapers that we're good for a few months! That money can be used for groceries!

2 comments:

  1. good diaper deals, i gotta start looking for those. Do you stick with a certain brand of diapers or switch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I alternate between pampers and huggies. I very rarely see coupons for LUVs. Pampers give you codes for Gifts to Grow and I'm accumulating a lot. Huggies does the same thing, but not as good, I think.

    ReplyDelete