Friday, February 19, 2010

What $4.47 can get you...


Harris Teeter had never been on my radar until my perspective on shopping changed. I was diligently going to Publix and buying the same things every week.
Then I learned about couponing and my simple world opened up into this vast universe of freebies and super deals!
Hence, Harris Teeter (HT - as I call it) become one of my favorite stores. Here's why:
1. Each week, HT has an EVic item. That is an item that is marked below the sale price. They also send me an email giving me some personal discounts on items that I routinely shop for like Tropicana OJ for $2.27. OJ is usually 2/$6 or 2/$5 so $2.27 is a good deal, especially if I have a coupon.
2. HT has their sad fruit section. This is the 'old' veggies and fruit that are marked down immensely because they're about to go bad. So, this was my latest find. A bag of zucchini, bag of squash, bag of lemons and a bag of potatoes, all for $4.47! I love it.
3. I used to hate things like Buy 2 Get 3 free, but I've embraced that concept now!! That's how I get my 6 lbs of frozen shrimp for $25 and 12 pack cokes for $2.50...
The point is, I try to keep my options open. Another reason to shop at higher priced stores, is that they sometimes have better sales and discounts...

No comments:

Post a Comment