Monday, February 8, 2010

Walgreens - My Nemesis


I don't like to to boycott any store in particular, unless I've given it at least 3 chances. And I also know that sometimes cashiers have bad days and that each store is different. Well, I got to go to a few stores this week that left me a little surprised.


Ann Taylor: I don't typically shop here due to the high prices and the style that I'm not that in to. However, there was a coupon (of course!) for $20 off any purchase if you tried on a pair of shoes. So, I marched myself right down to the store on Saturday in my jeans, t-shirt and rain coat and tried on a pair of shoes. Then I marched myself over to the sale section to look for items that were $20. Unfortunately, all items were $19.88 which meant I needed to find something for a few bucks...like a pair of socks or clearance jewelry. Well, we don't sell socks, said the sales lady. Oh, okay. Well, I'm trying to get around $20 so I can use a coupon.


Well, she said, there's some clearance jewelry in these 2 bins right here. I look and can't seem to understand how $39 for a bead bracelet is clearance, unless it was originally $60. After a few more gentle probing questions, it turns out that NOTHING in the store was under $20. So, I decided to get the most for my dollar and buy another clearance item that was $19.88. Depending on which way you see it:

I got one item for free

Buy one get One Free

Both were 1/2 off = $9.98


Here's my other obstacle when I'm price searching and want to get the most for my buck. I'm always tempted to buy items I already have. I think a lot of women tend to buy the same look, same color, same style.
But since I was buying on clearance and getting an item for free, I wanted to buy something I would feel special wearing. I'm 9 months into nursing and post baby. My figure has changed enough that certain things just don't look that great on me.
So, this is what I found. A sexy blue cocktail dress (orig $170) and a nice pair of black slacks (orig. $110). Maybe when I wear them, I'll post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment