Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Small Trip..Big Savings


So, we're headed to Nantucket tomorrow for a little over a week. Yes, that's a lot of time spent in the car, so I'm getting prepared. I'm bringing a lot of non-perishables with us so we don't have to spend a whole lot of grocery money there. Things are a bit more pricey on Nantucket. So, I'm packing up my cereal, mac-n-cheese, soups, and even Cookie Mix.

I was good to go, but I couldn't resist the Triples at Harris Teeter. Yes, they triple all coupons $.99 or less. This is a good time to stock up on Fruit Snacks and Go-gurts. So with my list in hand and coupons in a baggie, I rushed off to HT. Thanks to my friend, McKenzie, who sent me a $5 off $25 coupon, I did pretty well. I spent $10.28 on $50 worth of product. General Mills had a promo if you purchase 15 of certain items, you get $5 off your total bill. So, I got an additional $10 off my bill in additional to VIC savings and coupons. I did want something healthy for the trip, so I purchased some bananas, not on sale.


Here's the breakdown:

Everything I purchased except the bananas were on sale. Most were 2 for some $$.


Total Cost of Groceries before Sale Price: $70.48
Total Cost of Groceries using just my VIC card (in store savings): $52.46 (This is what I would have paid if I only bought these items on sale)
Total Cost of Groceries after VIC savings and Coupons: $10.28
*this includes $5 off $25 purchase coupon - Thanks McKenzie!!
*This includes $5 off total order when you purchase 15 General Mills Products
Total cost of trip: $10.28!!

No comments:

Post a Comment