Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's the little things

It's the little things that get me excited. I had to go to the grocery store to get food for the week. I bought supplies for chicken salad, regular salad and meat for the week. Since I stocked up on snack foods last week at Harris Teeter, I just needed the big stuff.

I don't like the taste of our tap water, but I need to drink water. So, I buy bottled water. If I can find it for $3 or less for a case, I'll buy it. So, they had a 24 pack of bottled water for $3.99 and there was a coupon dispenser right next to the water for a $1 off coupon. So, I got 24 bottles of water for $2.99, making it $.12 a bottle. Not bad. That was savings from just utilizing what was in store.

The second item that got me excited was the Nature Valley nut clusters. They're a healthy snack that I can put in my diaper bag for those emergency snack situations. They were on sale for $3.49 and had a coupon stuck on the bag for $1 off and I had another coupon for $1. So, I paid $1.49 for that.

So, the moral of this story is "Look Around". You never know what coupons are available if you don't look. Pull the coupons out of the dispensers, even if they're not on sale because they might be next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment