Monday, August 17, 2009

Sign up for the free stuff!

I know, I know!! Whenever I hear that something is free or won't cost me anything, I give the salesperson a "Yea, right" look. It always costs something, doesn't it? However, there really are a few ways to get free and sale items.

UPromise: www.upromise.com
-This is a way to save money for your kids college. For certain products that you buy, a bit of change is put away in an account for you and your beneficiaries. It costs nothing to do. But if you accumulated $5,000 by the time your first child went to college?????? That would be enough money to cover all the textbooks for 4 years with money left over.
-You can link your credit cards to the site and every time you purchase a upromise item, it automatically detects it and puts the $ in your account.
-You can link your savings cards i.e. CVS ExtraCare, Harris Teeter VIC card, etc. Depending on the grocery stores in your area will determine what upromise uses.

CVS:
CVS has become my new favorite store. It's been a game to me. But you sign up for a CVS ExtraCare card and it entitles you to sale items in the store as well as receiving Bucks Back. These bucks back are like monopoly money. It's money you use on your next purchase at CVS. So, free money!! For example, Headphones were on sale this week for $6.99 and when you bought them you got $6.99 back to spend on your next trip. So, I could walk back down the aisle and buy $6.99 worth of stuff and use my bucks back and pay nothing. But if I purchased another item that gave me bucks back, I'd get more money to spend!!!

Rite Aid:
Okay, I'll admit. Rite Aid is not my first choice, but it can be worth your while. Rite Aid does the same thing as CVS, except you don't get back your money right away. You input your receipts online and get a check payable to you, to use wherever you want.

Grocery stores: Sign up for the savings card at your grocery store if you can. Some stores, like Publix, don't have one, but they have lower prices on grocery items. Why pay full price when you can get it for sale???

Other stores that have free savings cards:
Staples
Bi-Lo - Save on gas for ever $50 you spend
Any frequent buyer card that's free - Bigby Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment